3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  violinist13 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:53 pm

Richiee12 wrote: It is important for us to do our homework and look at both sides of an issue before taking a stance so that we can have background information on both sides of the story before making the judgment.
I agree with you Richiee12 It is just like people always say you can not judge a book by its cover.
avatar
violinist13

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  violinist13 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:02 pm

PaulyD wrote:I'm going to talk about how the mythbusters disproved the consipracy about how the flag is flapping in the "breaze"
Iv: the vacuum
Dv: if the flag flaps or not
Pauly D i think the Iv should be the type of atmosphere instead of vacuum because you would not have anything to compare to just the vacuum being the Iv
avatar
violinist13

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  gamerdude94 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Landis wrote:In response to the Mythbusters response to the conspiracy theorists video, I say...meh.

In my opinion, you can't take what either parties said at face value. As Ms.Hancock told us, both of these videos were made with an
agenda in mind, and you have to consider that agenda before understanding the truth in the matter. for example: The Mythbusters didn't actually disprove anything. All they proved is that nothing is 100%, in any way. There is still plenty of room for doubt.

Both of videos don't actually tell you enough to understand what is really going on. They can sound convincing and impressive, but that doesn't really mean anything. You have to do the research yourself in order to get a real grasp on it. The same goes for any news you might here in the media.

For example, with Obama. So many people just see something on the news and start forming opinions about it before really knowing what is going on. Whether it's negative or positive, they feed off of it. Both of these videos were pretty much just an extended form of propaganda. As long as you take the time to become knowledgeable on a subject, these type of mis-communications would not occur.

I agree with you. While I still believe we went to the moon I do not know whether all of the mythbusters evidence could be un-biased. Every experiment that they did except the photos was with nasa or a related party. With the flag they use NASA's facilities and vacuum. Also while doing the walk they used the zero-g plane which trains astronauts. We cant see everything that went on outside of the footage so who is to say that Nasa or Zero-G didnt persuade the mythbusters to completely agree with them.

gamerdude94

Posts : 61
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  gamerdude94 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:47 pm

[quote="calientelabios234"] I guess I am just a easily persuaded person...which is not good. But I am torn between what to believe! First the mythbusters cannot create the exact setting of the moon...being in the earths atmosphere can make possible errpor to the experiments they conducted! I personally do not know what to believe because they busted almost every myth. But there are some things that they did not touch on like on the fox video it states before the astronauts were sent to the moon the lunar module was out of control here on Earth and yet it landed so gracefully on the moon! [quote]

I dont think they could have tested the lunar module theory because of the gravity differences. The mythbusters had a hard enough time trying to get the spaceuit walk accurate, think about how hard it would be to do that with a rocket powered lunar module.

gamerdude94

Posts : 61
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  iluvowls on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:55 pm

[quote="tw33tybirdn3rd] I am stuck with the idea that they did fake everything and pulled everything off in a studio to say they did something they know they didn’t. Even after watching the Myth Busters I believe they got paid by the government to prove that they did land on the moon in any way they can so I’m sorry to say but people do get paid by the government to keep quite. I still believe that that flag was flying, that the ship was taken up by wires, and that it was in the studio because being out in space you would have to be able to see some stars. If we can see some here on Earth there is no possible way that you can’t see it from the moon which is much closer to stars than our planet. So yes I am still stuck with the fact that we did not land on the moon and it would have to take some very hard evidence and for me to be there to change my mind. [/quote]

I can see how you would think most of the experiments done by the Myth Busters were fake, but I highly doubt that they got paid by the government to keep a hoax a secret. With the economy the way it is, why would they waste money like that? And there is no way, with all the people who work on the set of Myth Busters, that the word would not get out. If they really wanted to keep it a secret that bad, they wouldn't let the Myth Busters even go to the NASA space station. Also, why would NASA own a fake vacuum? the flag was proven to be able to wake when moved in the vacuum. The astronaut was also proven to be seen under the shadow with only one source of light. So, I can see how maybe the boot print in the sand test would seem fake to someone who didn't think we really landed on the moon. They could have made the sand any way they wanted in a lab; but, the lighting test and the flag test were definitely no hoax, and that is plenty of evidence to prove that we did land on the moon.

iluvowls

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  iluvowls on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:02 pm

[quote="tw33tybirdn3rd] I am stuck with the idea that they did fake everything and pulled everything off in a studio to say they did something they know they didn’t. Even after watching the Myth Busters I believe they got paid by the government to prove that they did land on the moon in any way they can so I’m sorry to say but people do get paid by the government to keep quite. I still believe that that flag was flying, that the ship was taken up by wires, and that it was in the studio because being out in space you would have to be able to see some stars. If we can see some here on Earth there is no possible way that you can’t see it from the moon which is much closer to stars than our planet. So yes I am still stuck with the fact that we did not land on the moon and it would have to take some very hard evidence and for me to be there to change my mind. [/quote]

I can see how you would think most of the experiments done by the Myth Busters were fake, but I highly doubt that they got paid by the government to keep a hoax a secret. With the economy the way it is, why would they waste money like that? And there is no way, with all the people who work on the set of Myth Busters, that the word would not get out. If they really wanted to keep it a secret that bad, they wouldn't let the Myth Busters even go to the NASA space station. Also, why would NASA own a fake vacuum? the flag was proven to be able to wake when moved in the vacuum. The astronaut was also proven to be seen under the shadow with only one source of light. So, I can see how maybe the boot print in the sand test would seem fake to someone who didn't think we really landed on the moon. They could have made the sand any way they wanted in a lab; but, the lighting test and the flag test were definitely no hoax, and that is plenty of evidence to prove that we did land on the moon.

iluvowls

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  tw33tybirdn3rd on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Siillee-Differenter wrote: It is important to look at both sides of an issue so that you gain more understanding. You also gain more knowledge knowing what each issue is trying to explain and seeing their point of view. If you don't know the other side of the issue then when comparing and trying to make a difference you would not have much to use. It's also very common for us to believe everything that we see. This may be because we consider whats in front of us visually, nothing but real. Not enusring reasearch is quite a danger also for many reasons. For one you could be completely wrong about a fact you recieved from only using one source. Another reason could be the source that you used doesn't give you the complete information about the issue it pointed out and could leave out very important details.
Now that I have watched both videos regards to the moon landing, I think I'm back to believeing that we did land on the moon. After watching the first movie I automatically thought that us landing on the moon was not true, but once i watched the second video it gave me more explanation and proof on how we actually did land on the moon. Though I'm not completely sure about us landing on the moon I do believe theres a huge percent chance we did.

i really like the point you made about watching both videos. it is true tha you need to know both sides of a story but i think that you also need to believe in what it is you believe in. but yes there is a chance that they could have landed in the moon but there is a chance that it could have been faked. that was a great point in expressing the point of watching both videos.

tw33tybirdn3rd

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  tweetywizard on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Siillee-Differenter wrote: It's also very common for us to believe everything that we see. This may be because we consider whats in front of us visually, nothing but real.


I agree with you because what we see we do believe, but it is always deeper than what it is seen to be. Like when we all had to discuss the first video =everyone was sayint that they believed the video without even thinking about it. The whole situation is crazy.

tweetywizard

Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-08-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  tw33tybirdn3rd on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:12 pm

[quote="calientelabios234"]
i totally agree with you 100%!!! Exclamation you are so right they did not touch those aspect of fox video and that was very strange to me. im with you i dont see how they could have landed that perfectly on the moon, its not right at all. they also didnt speak of the whole thing about the hearing the austronats voice so clearly over the engines bet they could explain that. they only went over the things that they could prove to be right. silent

tw33tybirdn3rd

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  tweetywizard on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:25 pm

calientelabios234 wrote: But I am torn between what to believe! First the mythbusters cannot create the exact setting of the moon...being in the earths atmosphere can make possible errpor to the experiments they conducted!

I feel the same way. Just because the Mythbusters proved that it could happen in outer space, does not mean that we did go to the moon. If we did go to the moon, NASA would have already given real proof to end this whole thing.

tweetywizard

Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-08-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  calientelabios234 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:29 pm

tw33tybirdn3rd wrote:It is important to base your source on the facts of science. You look at both sides to a story so that you can see every aspect of the story. It is so that you can determine yourself what is true or not. I would say it is easy to believe things you see because it is what appear to your eyes it is what you believe to be true. The danger of research not being proven is a way to change all people aspect it would change the way people see things and it would have then see it in the wrong way so it is best to do your homework and do the research. In regards to the moon landing I still believe it is a scam by the government and NASA to prove them to be something they are not. I am stuck with the idea that they did fake everything and pulled everything off in a studio to say they did something they know they didn’t. Even after watching the Myth Busters I believe they got paid by the government to prove that they did land on the moon in any way they can so I’m sorry to say but people do get paid by the government to keep quite. I still believe that that flag was flying, that the ship was taken up by wires, and that it was in the studio because being out in space you would have to be able to see some stars. If we can see some here on Earth there is no possible way that you can’t see it from the moon which is much closer to stars than our planet. So yes I am still stuck with the fact that we did not land on the moon and it would have to take some very hard evidence and for me to be there to change my mind.
Tweetybird I agree with you, with what you are saying because in the past the American Government had done some shady stuff and covered it up with paying people off to keep them quiet. And the star thing proved it for me becuase the light from the star are still traveling to earth and you cannot see the stars on the moon what so ever... something is wrong! confused
avatar
calientelabios234

Posts : 51
Join date : 2010-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  calientelabios234 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:44 pm

Siillee-Differenter wrote: After watching the first movie I automatically thought that us landing on the moon was not true, but once i watched the second video it gave me more explanation and proof on how we actually did land on the moon. Though I'm not completely sure about us landing on the moon I do believe theres a huge percent chance we did.
How can you believe that we did land on the moon? There are no stars visible in the lunar sky. Secondly, the lunar module did not even work weeks before launching the misson to the moon, so how can they possibley land gracefully on the moon's surface when they could barely get 2000ft in the earth's atmosphere. You say there is a huge chance that we did land on the moon, but based on the facts there is probably a good chance we barely made it out of the Earth's atmosphere. Selah. Suspect
avatar
calientelabios234

Posts : 51
Join date : 2010-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  Siillee-Differenter on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:58 pm

tw33tybirdn3rd wrote: In regards to the moon landing I still believe it is a scam by the government and NASA to prove them to be something they are not. I still believe that that flag was flying, that the ship was taken up by wires, and that it was in the studio because being out in space you would have to be able to see some stars. If we can see some here on Earth there is no possible way that you can’t see it from the moon which is much closer to stars than our planet. So yes I am still stuck with the fact that we did not land on the moon and it would have to take some very hard evidence and for me to be there to change my mind.

-I can understand the reason you still believe the moon landing was a scam. The one reason that made me question our landing on the moon was the no stars issue. Like you questioned, how can we see the stars clearly from Earth, but don't see them at all when on the moon? Though i am leaning back to the fact that we actually did land on the moon, mistakes like this one allows me to think this is a scam just as you do. Exclamation


Siillee-Differenter

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  NorthStar on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Yofeetstink wrote:Im going to talk about how the mythbusters proved that a flag can flap in a vacuum.

IV: Presence of Vacuum
DV: Whether or not flag will flap
Constants: Type of Flag, Size of Flag
Detailed Procedure: The MythBusters first placed a replica of the American flag planted on the moon into a vacuum chamber at the Marshall Space Flight Center. Then they tested at normal pressure and manipulated the flag. The momentum moved the flag around but the motion quickly dissipated. Then they did the same but with the presence of the vacuum. With the flag in the vacuum they started to manipulate it and it cause the flag to flap vigorously as if it were being blown by a breeze.
Conclusion: This busted the Myth and showed that a flag can flap in a vacuum and that NASA did not fake it.

Even thought the mythbuster tested and proved that flag could move in the presence of the vacuum of space. I still beleive that no one can manipulate the acually envorinment of the moon unless they can go to the moon there self . There are many factors to included in testing of these experiment. The gravitaional pull the atmosphere all of these factor need to be included in these test in order to conclusive.
avatar
NorthStar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  Siillee-Differenter on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:15 pm

penguin94 wrote:If we do not look at both sides of an issue and attempt to prove something, then we may come across a point where someone else might have stronger conflicting evidence and our side would be crushed in a debate. Whereas if we research it and see points that the other side might question, we may come up with evidence to prove them wrong and strengthen our points. I believe that it is so easy to believe the things we see because we see things in our everyday lives and we have experienced that when we see something, 9/10 times it will be real.

I completely agree with you on this part of your post. Smile If you do not have information from both views of an issue then you really have no case when trying to prove your point. Its crazy how we believe something the first time we have viewed it with out really questioning it.

Siillee-Differenter

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  Yofeetstink on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:21 pm

calientelabios234 wrote: I guess I am just a easily persuaded person...which is not good. But I am torn between what to believe! First the mythbusters cannot create the exact setting of the moon...being in the earths atmosphere can make possible errpor to the experiments they conducted! I personally do not know what to believe because they busted almost every myth. But there are some things that they did not touch on like on the fox video it states before the astronauts were sent to the moon the lunar module was out of control here on Earth and yet it landed so gracefully on the moon! Also they did not talk about there being no stars in space when they were on the moon. So after watching both videos the Fox and Mythbuster, I still lean towards that we did not land on the moon. One thing that still baffles me is...if they got to the moon in 1969 when technology was not as advanced as us...how come over 40 years later we haven't been to the moon since? Selah. But it is very important to hear two sides of the story then decide what to believe because not all things are true. I learned that it is important to do your research yourself because then you can decide what to believe you tested it yourself. Going by what people say can mislead you to believe something false.

I agree with you i watched the conspiracy theory and i thought we didnt land on the moon but when i saw the mythbusters video i didnt know what to believe, but the mythbusters kind of proved it
avatar
Yofeetstink

Posts : 37
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  NorthStar on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:23 pm

tweetywizard wrote:With the video we watched I honestly don't know weather to believe that we lander on the moon or not. But I will say that every sense i seen that video, it has proved that all the stuff from the Fox 2 News video can happen in space and just not on earth. So it is important to do our homework on both sides of an issue before taking a side beccausse if you just get one side you never know if what you are siding with is the whole truth or if it tells all the information needed and they are able to prove what they are saying not just guessing. It is so easy for people to believe what they see because we are taught that what the eyes see is real. And i think that what the eyes see the mind beleves, but what the eyes see is always deeper than what it seems. The danger of not researching a source to check the vlidity is that if you don't do that you could believe the source and then end up doing something or believing something you don't want to believe. After watching the videos i do not know what to believe. But the only people who know for sure if we went to the moon or not is Neil Armstrong, the ither men who went with him, and the rest of the NASA crew. So until next time, SEEYA!! flower

After reading your article I believe that we have the same understand of these conspiracy theory. No matter how much evidence we investagate or understand we will never no the really story of the Landing on the Moon Conspiracy Theory. Only the astronauts no the real truth of did we really land on the moon.
avatar
NorthStar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  Yofeetstink on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:29 pm

iluvowls wrote:[quote="tw33tybirdn3rd] I am stuck with the idea that they did fake everything and pulled everything off in a studio to say they did something they know they didn’t. Even after watching the Myth Busters I believe they got paid by the government to prove that they did land on the moon in any way they can so I’m sorry to say but people do get paid by the government to keep quite. I still believe that that flag was flying, that the ship was taken up by wires, and that it was in the studio because being out in space you would have to be able to see some stars. If we can see some here on Earth there is no possible way that you can’t see it from the moon which is much closer to stars than our planet. So yes I am still stuck with the fact that we did not land on the moon and it would have to take some very hard evidence and for me to be there to change my mind.

I can see how you would think most of the experiments done by the Myth Busters were fake, but I highly doubt that they got paid by the government to keep a hoax a secret. With the economy the way it is, why would they waste money like that? And there is no way, with all the people who work on the set of Myth Busters, that the word would not get out. If they really wanted to keep it a secret that bad, they wouldn't let the Myth Busters even go to the NASA space station. Also, why would NASA own a fake vacuum? the flag was proven to be able to wake when moved in the vacuum. The astronaut was also proven to be seen under the shadow with only one source of light. So, I can see how maybe the boot print in the sand test would seem fake to someone who didn't think we really landed on the moon. They could have made the sand any way they wanted in a lab; but, the lighting test and the flag test were definitely no hoax, and that is plenty of evidence to prove that we did land on the moon. [/quote]

i can see where you are coming from but i dont know what to believe exactly i see how you can say mythbusters could have gotten paid by the government to do that and prove that everything NASA did was true but i dont know if that is true its kinda a undecided thing
avatar
Yofeetstink

Posts : 37
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

responder a las personas de inteligencia normal

Post  timmy buck buck on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:56 pm

I am currently responding to yofeetstink ,a.k.a noel. I think that this was interesting as well. You were on point with the flag procedures and explained the experiment well. This was a well done analysis of ''Myth Busters''. The only thing i dont like about your analysis was your IV answer. It seemed like it should've been whether or not its possible for the american flag to flap on the moon without the presence of wind or air. Other than that it was a good analysis.
Suga mama also had a good response but she needed to go back and do spell check because she had some spelling errors within her analysis. On the other hand she she included all the necessary information to answer the question effectively. I also like how she included the fact that in the procedure the myth busters needed an artificial light source that closely represented the sun as in the conclusion they found out that due to the reflective nature of the moon sand, it was indeed possible to have a picture of Armstrong fully lit up under neath a shadow.Nicely done but yea use spell check next time to get rid of those typos.
This right here is my response.
avatar
timmy buck buck

Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-09-01
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  Suga-Mama on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:37 pm

Siillee-Differenter wrote: It is important to look at both sides of an issue so that you gain more understanding. You also gain more knowledge knowing what each issue is trying to explain and seeing their point of view. If you don't know the other side of the issue then when comparing and trying to make a difference you would not have much to use. It's also very common for us to believe everything that we see. This may be because we consider whats in front of us visually, nothing but real. Not enusring reasearch is quite a danger also for many reasons. For one you could be completely wrong about a fact you recieved from only using one source. Another reason could be the source that you used doesn't give you the complete information about the issue it pointed out and could leave out very important details.
Now that I have watched both videos regards to the moon landing, I think I'm back to believeing that we did land on the moon. After watching the first movie I automatically thought that us landing on the moon was not true, but once i watched the second video it gave me more explanation and proof on how we actually did land on the moon. Though I'm not completely sure about us landing on the moon I do believe theres a huge percent chance we did.
Ok, I think you need to make up your mind. There is a lot of evidence that points both ways, and I think that the experiment in mythbusters may have been somewhat flawed. The experiment they conducted on lunar shadows was not conducted in space. I don't know for sure, but light may travel differently in space than in earth's atmosphere. Even if the room was dark, it was not in a vaccum and therefore flawed. Also, if the pictures they made looked exactly the same as NASA, then it would make me believe even stronger that the moon landing was a hoax.
avatar
Suga-Mama

Posts : 67
Join date : 2010-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  Suga-Mama on Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:09 am

calientelabios234 wrote: I guess I am just a easily persuaded person...which is not good. But I am torn between what to believe! First the mythbusters cannot create the exact setting of the moon...being in the earths atmosphere can make possible errpor to the experiments they conducted! I personally do not know what to believe because they busted almost every myth. But there are some things that they did not touch on like on the fox video it states before the astronauts were sent to the moon the lunar module was out of control here on Earth and yet it landed so gracefully on the moon! Also they did not talk about there being no stars in space when they were on the moon. So after watching both videos the Fox and Mythbuster, I still lean towards that we did not land on the moon. One thing that still baffles me is...if they got to the moon in 1969 when technology was not as advanced as us...how come over 40 years later we haven't been to the moon since? Selah. But it is very important to hear two sides of the story then decide what to believe because not all things are true. I learned that it is important to do your research yourself because then you can decide what to believe you tested it yourself. Going by what people say can mislead you to believe something false.
I know that's right! If we can barely send emails to each other today, how in the world could we have sent people to the moon and back in 1969. It's shady and it just doesn't make sense. Also, how ridiculous is it that the U.S ended up in space after Russia almost made it first when they couldn't even get 2ft of the ground one year before. What's the problem here? Shocked
avatar
Suga-Mama

Posts : 67
Join date : 2010-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board #2 - MythBusters Bust the Moon Hoax

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum