3rd Hour - 4th Quarter Book Review - A Brave New World

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 3rd Hour - 4th Quarter Book Review - A Brave New World

Post  calientelabios234 on Thu May 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Suga-Mama wrote:
If I were and Alpha or Beta and knew how the other social groups lived and how they were treated, I would not care. I wouldn't care mainly because I would have been conditioned not to. The society used hypnopedia to brainwash the people into loving their class and that the other classes were inferior to theirs. In their society, there was no resistance or tension between the classes. The people had fully accepted their role in society. The Alphas were treated like alphas and epsilons were treated like epsilons. It had always been like that and will always be like that. It was that simple. That is not true for our society however. We are constantly wanting more of everything, including equality. Everyone wants to be in the high class, but that is simply not possible. The high class also abuse their power and this makes people jealous. They don't understand why they can't be high class and these inequalities cause tension between the classes.

I agree with you, all of the caste were brainwashed to think for themselves, so personally I wouldnt care because that is what I would have been taught, I would have thought it was normal.

calientelabios234

View user profile

Back to top Go down

brave new world

Post  PaulyD on Thu May 26, 2011 11:38 pm

Science is not so dangerous to modern society because in reality its very good thing and is very helpfull. We now have medicines that we need to survive longer and we've come up cures to long ago be classified as incurable. Science has helped us study who we are and how we have come about. Science also helps other become more healthy and fit and what we need to do in order to live a long and happy life.

If i was a Alpha or Beta i would feel safe and secture. In a brave new world all of the kids knew what they were going to do in their life and how they were gonna get it done even before they came out of the incubator. if i had my life handed to me and had no say in what im gonna do in my life i wouldnt have a choice. and if i lived in a society and had to follow the Bokanovsky process i would go crazy because i wouldnt be me. i would be somebody else. im glad i dont have to follow that process where im free to live my life anyway i choose and i can change my mind anyday about what im gonna be because i know i still have time to make my decision.

PaulyD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulyD on Thu May 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Richiee12 wrote:2. How would you feel if you were an Alpha or a Beta and knew about how the other social groups lived and were being treated? Is this different than in our society?

Whereas, on the other side if a child didn't like the path they were headed down, or decided that they wanted to change they could change for the better on their own. I'm stuck basically living someone else's life, being someone else I don't even know. I can't be myself because I don't know who I am as an individual. I'm not sure what I would like to do because I already have been told what I'm GOING to do. No [u][/quote]
i get how you feel. i could stand to live a life where i couldnt be me, where i couldnt make my own choices. so glad i live into today society Neutral

PaulyD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulyD on Thu May 26, 2011 11:44 pm

calientelabios234 wrote: It is very hard to change how people think. To me there is no difference in our society, they treat certain races with less dignity. Even though segregation does not prevail in our country any longer, there is still an artifical caste system within our society. Just like in Brave New World, the highest castes were allowed to enjoy things, and the episilons were not allowed to enjoy some things. This goes on in our society today.
very true. everybody so stubborn and dont listen when they think what their doing is right. i get what your saying about how our society is no different. kinda makes yous think about if we'll ever turn out like that.... silent

PaulyD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:46 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top