3rd Hour - Tuskegee Syphillis Study & HeLa Cells

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

yes

Post  penguin94 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Communistkid wrote:P.S. I believe that Henrietta's core family (brothers, husband, and kids.) should have all of their healthcare paid for, due to the fact that so many scientific advancements were made in the medical field because of Henrietta. My view may be skewed though (as i am a no good, dirty, bolshevik, communist), and believe health care should be readily available to all people despite their financial situation but hey! why pay for the poor when you can just slowly have them die from completely curable ailments.
I agree with you there. The Lacks family should be recieving some benefits and even maybe be involved in the continuing study of them.

penguin94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour - Tuskegee Syphillis Study & HeLa Cells

Post  penguin94 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Richiee12 wrote:
aMAIZEing94 wrote:
I also do not think that this could happen again today because, for some reason, the government is slightly more sensitive to who they hurt.

I won't 100% agree with this one. It cant happen, but then again it can. History repeats itself. The government has no concern or real sensitivity towards the citizens they hurt. They do what they feel has to be done and they use whatever they can to get it done. If using humans as resources is their only choice, then they're going to do it and then cover it up by saying they're helping us so they can be aware on new studies.
But sometimes the government is justified in doing that. If you were a government official and you knew that taking cells or studying someone would save hundreds of people, but you knew that they would most likely not allow it to be done to them, would you still let those hundreds of people die? or would you just let a few people die? It sounds unethical, but sometimes you really have no choice.

penguin94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Communistkid on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:47 am

You made some very valid points. The government is very corrupt. They are still showing it today by not giving henriettas family anything for the HeLa cells. It is all about making money to them. I also wouldn't put it past them to do another experiment like one of these just without being so racist. [/quote]

The gov't has NOTHING to do with the cells. The Government in fact didn't make a dime off of the cells, it was John Hopkins Hospital that profited. Also, the president is black..... but god **** does he hate those african americans. I just love how everyone is ranting about the gov't on this discussion board besides the fact it had LITTLE TO NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH CASE.

Communistkid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top