5th Hour - RACE

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 5th Hour - RACE

Post  Love_Muffins on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:20 pm

[quote="smiley11"]1. Discuss a misconception that you had about race that this website helped clear up.
I thought that Asians were good gymnastics because of there small compact bodies and their quick responses but the sports quiz said that its partly truequote]

lol i never thought about it but it does makes since.
Love_Muffins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shopaholic94 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:28 pm

1. Discuss a misconception that you had about race that this website helped clear up.

2. According to the website, what is the biological difference between people of different races? How does their DNA differ?

Now that I think about it, except for some asians, you can not call them yellow people, like a lot of people do. They are as white as white people, and I didn't know that they could be considered white too.

There is no biological difference between people from different races, although white people have blond hair and black people don't... etc. this means that our race is affected by the place where we live. If you live in the ecuator you are not going to be white as snow because your skin needs o be protected. Our skin colour, form of the eyes... indicates who our ancestors where and the places where they lived, because of the different climates around the world Their DNA doesn't differ at all, it is the same as any other human being, it just has different characteriste for each individual.

shopaholic94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shopaholic94 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:30 pm

violinist13 wrote:1. Discuss a misconception that you had about race that this website helped clear up.

2. According to the website, what is the biological difference between people of different races? How does their DNA differ?

1. I never judge people by their color just by the things they do. This website help me prove my point that there is no difference between races cept for where we come from.
2. According to the website there is no difference in the dna the only difference is where they come from if their ancestors stayed close to the equater their skin would be darker than the ancestors who moved away from the equator

I agree with you but unfortunattely there is people that will never understand this simple concept. We are all equal and we all have to be treated equally no mater what.

shopaholic94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shopaholic94 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:32 pm

londylou wrote:-I always wondered why I'd see white people coming to school in winter wearing things like flip-flops and going without a coat and hat on (No racial). At first I thought it was just a stereotype but then the Sports Quiz Assumption 7 asked if whites are better at winter sports like skiing, ice skating and sledding because their body type is best suited to these cold-weather sports. Of course I clicked yes, and was surprised to see that it said "partly true". Now I see that it isnt just a stereotype.

-There is no biological difference between people of different races. =)

-LondyLou ♥

It is sort of true, but white people get cold too, like everybody else:) although is cool to know that there is a scientific explanation for the stereotype.

shopaholic94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snookieluvs2tan on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:07 pm

londylou wrote:-I always wondered why I'd see white people coming to school in winter wearing things like flip-flops and going without a coat and hat on (No racial). At first I thought it was just a stereotype but then the Sports Quiz Assumption 7 asked if whites are better at winter sports like skiing, ice skating and sledding because their body type is best suited to these cold-weather sports. Of course I clicked yes, and was surprised to see that it said "partly true". Now I see that it isnt just a stereotype.

-LondyLou ♥

im glad that you wrote that whole little scenario. i completely agree with your reasoning. i always wondered why white people wear sandals and shorts in the winter too.

snookieluvs2tan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snookieluvs2tan on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:10 pm

earthycolors wrote:1. Discuss a misconception that you had about race that this website helped clear up.

1. At first, I thought that famous saying that Kenyans were naturally faster runners than other runners was false. But now, I seem to have been proven wrong. Now I know that Kenyans ARE faster, and that I'm not being racist for saying it. Very Happy .

2. The biological difference is mutations in the DNA structure. Every person has a different type of DNA. It can change things like how we look, our risks of diseases, how much "brain power" we have, etc. But there is no different DNA structure for every race.
afro

i thought kenyans were faster because of the environment...but apparently its something else i cant remember right now

snookieluvs2tan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  londylou on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:14 pm

diamondback94 wrote:I thought DNA could determine a race

Apparently, a lot of the class did, including myself.

londylou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  londylou on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:16 pm

MiszCheesekake41 wrote:
earthycolors wrote:1. At first, I thought that famous saying that Kenyans were naturally faster runners than other runners was false. But now, I seem to have been proven wrong. Now I know that Kenyans ARE faster, and that I'm not being racist for saying it. Very Happy .
afro

Oh wow I never knew Kenyans were naturally fast runners. I learned something new today. lol!

lol yeah me too, I thought it was just b/c they trained extra hard or something.

londylou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  earthycolors on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:32 am

whatitdochickado wrote:1. Discuss a misconception that you had about race that this website helped clear up.

-I never knew that asians and europeans had such similar DNA.

-DNA doesnt differ for any race. i always thought it did... hmmm.

I thought that DNA differentiated race also, until I read the articles. And boy, was I changed after reading this. I also didn't know that Asians and Europeans had such similar qualities either. This entire article was extremely eye- opening about the dirrerent races and DNA and color and stuff.
earthycolors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  earthycolors on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:34 am

smiley11 wrote:1. Discuss a misconception that you had about race that this website helped clear up.
I thought that Asians were good gymnastics because of there small compact bodies and their quick responses but the sports quiz said that its partly true

According to the website, DNA doesn't differ people from race.

I never knew that Asians were better at gumnastics because of that. At first, before I read this, I thought it was just a stereotype just like Kenyans running faster than other people. But know I know that I'm not being racist by saying that. lol. And you're right, Dna doesn't differ races at all, just people.
earthycolors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Siillee-Differenter on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:13 am

FounderofGFFandBabycat wrote:1. Discuss a misconception that you had about race that this website helped clear up.

i never knew that white and asian people were so closely related like i knew by skin tone but with the variation comparisons it made it clear

the dna does not differ from any race

#question : How are they so closely related ? I mean i know its a fact but whats the details and explanation behind it ?

Siillee-Differenter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Siillee-Differenter on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:41 am

-LondyLou ♥

Now I dont feel to bad about saying only white people wear flip flops and shorts in the winter. Although maybe one or two black people might do it, you mostly see whites in that type of attire. Its now good to now that its really not a sterotype.

Siillee-Differenter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleMissSophie on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:54 am

1. Discuss a misconception that you had about race that this website helped clear up.
One misconception that i had was the Latinos were better baseball players due to the fact it originated from their culture...

according to the website everyone DNA is the same...

LittleMissSophie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top