Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 3rd Hour - Voices of Concern

Post  timmy buck buck on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:04 am

Love_Muffins wrote:ATTENTION 3RD HOUR:
5TH HOUR IS THA ISH....
THAT IS ALL
cheers
AY CUH, FIFTH HOURIS STRAIGHT DOO DOO THATS WHAT YA ARE. HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLEZ
timmy buck buck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  timmy buck buck on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:16 am

gamerdude94 wrote:I think the earth will reach 9 billion by 2050. I do not think it can support 9 billion people however. The earth can barely provide any food or water as of now. There are enough problems with lack of availability to people in africa. Lester Brown thinks the carrying capacity could be 10 billion but only if resources were shared equally. I think we will know if we have reached the carrying capacity when millions of people die every month of hunger and disease opposed to now.

HUH, HUH HUH, HUH, I think you are right. The only way to tell when we reach our carrying capacity is when more people die than are born. This is how we know that the earth cannot support all of earths population anymore. You my sir are thinking the right way, well done Jesse James, well done.
timmy buck buck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the circle of hell

Post  penguin94 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:18 am

calientelabios234 wrote: Personally, I believe we should let Mother Nature do some of her natural talents, but only in some instances. The people in Africa have the highest growth rate...I do not think we should let them get killed off by mother nature, I think we should educate them and let them inquire about contraceptives to help the population growth. I do not think it is fair for them to die because they aren't messing up the Earth... it is us! And we should be the ones suffering the consequences! .This might sound crazy but maybe we should stop wars...that could help with the population because then we won't have soldiers going away and then coming back, which causes the population to skyrocket.
i agree. in some instances, it may be necessary to allow mother nature to take it's course, but at the same time, we need to help out and start benefitting others and not only ourselves. it totally goes against the "American way" to think of others first, but we need to start doing that or we will be the only and lonely ones on the planet left to wallow in all of the ridiculous materials and resources we overuse and hoard. according to Dante Alhijeri, we will be going to the circle of hell where the gluttonous are eternally eaten by Cerberus. And I for one dont want to go there! No
penguin94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I don't know who you are but...

Post  penguin94 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:23 am

Love_Muffins wrote:ATTENTION 3RD HOUR:
5TH HOUR IS THA ISH....
THAT IS ALL
cheers
Are you really that conceited?
penguin94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Suga-Mama on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:14 am

RylesTuesday wrote:I think we should definitely extend technology to help the issue of over population of the earth. I think technology has come a long way all over the world and if we are able to advance to that level of speeding the process of making food or curing deadly diseases then we wouldn't have to resort to mother earth's limitations for population growth. I think by not at least trying to advance technology to help and also help think of other ways to keep everyone on the earth healthy then it is kind of unethical because it's like you're just letting people die and one day it could be you. With the prediction of the population being 9 billion in 2050 and earth not being able to support that massive amount, no one should be in their right mind to be selfish and not to help. I think that the world technological advancements can reach the level of food growth support, to keep everyone alive and to cure spreading deathly diseases. If we cannot, I don't think there is hope for the world because the earth cannot support 9 billion people. With the statistic of 6,000 Africans dying a day I think the world is already in trouble with supporting everyone.
These facts worry me too. If the earth can only support 9 bilion people and the earth's population is growing exponentially, them what happens if we over-populate the earth. What if limiting factors never take over? Then what?
Suga-Mama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Suga-Mama on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:16 am

Hollywood wrote:I don't think that the Earth can support 9 billion people. The only way the Earth could hold that big of a population is if the entire world begins to consume food like India and that probably wont happen. There is no possible way we can hold that many people. We are already in danger of the decrease of resources with our current population so an increase in pop. will only make it worse.
I don't think that this would ever happen in a place like america. Americans are too selfish and greedy to change their wasteful ways, and i think that the 3rd world countries are going to suffer because of us. Its not fair
Suga-Mama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top