5th Hour - China's Population

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 5th Hour - China's Population

Post  whatitdochickado on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:23 pm

20north_star12 wrote:
whatitdochickado wrote:1. What do you think about China's population solution? Do you think it is ethical for a government to mandate how many children a person can have and punish them for not following those guidelines? Why or why not?

i think china's population solution is BOGUS! why can't you just make them MOVE OUT OF CHINA if they wanna have some more 'love products' (that's what i call kids sometimes.) sure other places have a lot of people, but make them go to a place with out that many people. MAKE THEM ESKIMOS! there aren't a ton of them eskimos. they need some friends. soo if they wanna have more kids, sure punish them, but dont make them PAY for their babies. thats just wrong. no child should have to be bought to be loved... /: sorry, this kinda stuff makes me mad. and NOW im off to go do some homework and studying.... SEE YA!

Reading through this I really wondered what you would suppose they should do to punish them. Jail them? Then they wouldn't even be around to take care of that child. I agree that the babies could be sent out of the country, but then the whole family would have to go. This would then cause an increase in population somewhere else and would also help to decrease China's population. This would be an excellent idea, as I also stated something similar to this in my post, if the government would only open their eyes a little wider and not be so close minded and dense.

yeahhh. well not jail them, just force them to become eskimos. that way they can make up more of a population of an already small population, decrease chinas population, and then the family can have more than one child.

whatitdochickado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  whatitdochickado on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Communistkid wrote:1. What do you think about China's population solution? Do you think it is ethical for a government to mandate how many children a person can have and punish them for not following those guidelines? Why or why not?

The solution is actually quite logical. The problem arises from culture rather than the actual law. the government isn't there to be ethical, it is there to make tough decisions that the common man can not. They needed to limit population growth, what else were they to do? Neuter poor people? (I'm okay with them doing it to the unintelligent). The fines are the most correct way because even though government isn't supposed to be ethical killing a baby is not on there list of things that please the people.

you have a good point, but why should people have to pay for their OWN child?

whatitdochickado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  smiley11 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Hollywood wrote:The video really made me think about the situation thats going on in China. I don't think it is ethical AT ALL for China's government to mandate how many children each family can have. I don't think that anyone should have to give up their child by force. And didnt they stop to think about what women actually do? Just think about what would happen if there are wayy more boys than girls in China. It would be chaos -_- but thats not the point... Its not right to be punished for wanting to keep your child!!

I totally agree with you!! I don't think that its goos for the parents to have to choose if they want to give up their child because they are going to try and keep it. It would be chaos if there is more boys than girls.

smiley11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  smiley11 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:39 pm

[quote="whatitdochickado"][quote="20north_star12"]
whatitdochickado wrote:1. What do you think about China's population solution? Do you think it is ethical for a government to mandate how many children a person can have and punish them for not following those guidelines? Why or why not?

i think china's population solution is BOGUS! why can't you just make them MOVE OUT OF CHINA if they wanna have some more 'love products' (that's what i call kids sometimes.) sure other places have a lot of people, but make them go to a place with out that many people. MAKE THEM ESKIMOS! there aren't a ton of them eskimos. they need some friends. soo if they wanna have more kids, sure punish them, but dont make them PAY for their babies. thats just wrong. no child should have to be bought to be loved... /: sorry, this kinda stuff makes me mad. and NOW im off to go do some homework and studying.... SEE YA!

I totally agree! The people shouldn't have to pay for their our children to keep them. Lol, they should move out and become eskimos, because then they can have all the children that they want without getting in trouble for it or having to pay for them.

smiley11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snookieluvs2tan on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:16 pm

earthycolors wrote:
smiley11 wrote:2. What do you think about China's population solution? What social issues have arisen/will arise in future years as a result of China's population solution? What can China's government do to help solve these social problems?

I don't really like China's population solution. That's just down right wrong! The issue that will arise in the future years is that there will not be enough females for the males to marry because the parents have to get rid of them in order to have a son. Also, American families are adopting the little girls. China can let the families have at least two children a boy and a girl to try and balance the population between males and females

Although I don't like China's population solution either, it's not the government's fault that the parents are abandoning little girls or killing them. That's based off of China's 4000 year tradition. And letting China's parents have at least 2 children will never solve the issue. It might, in fact, worsen it. With a higher limit on children count, parents will end up having 3 kids sometimes instead of just 2. Limiting families to only one child might not be morally right, but it seems to be the fastest way to stop China from being too over populated. A country the size of China holding more than a sixth of the world's population is never a good thing. On top of that, the population is increasing faster than ever; it can more than double in 20 years or less. If nothing gets done fast to stop China's rapid population growth, We could be looking at the first country to collapse under the weight of it's people. There won't be enough houses to shelter everybody, not enough food to feed everybody, not enough money to go around, and more. silent
afro

Yeah I agree with you. Limiting the amount of children a couple can have may not be morally right, but it is a plausable way to limit the growing population.

snookieluvs2tan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  snookieluvs2tan on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:18 pm

Eskimos do need some friends. But, that said, what about global warming? once everything melts away, then what happens? Everything just might be overtaken by water some day.

snookieluvs2tan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The One Time

Post  earthycolors on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:15 am

The one time I seriously thought we had more replies than 3rd hour, they finally come around at the very last second. AARRRGGHH! At least we still have more views, and this reply will tie us. lol.

earthycolors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  londylou on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:24 pm

earthycolors wrote:I think that China's solution to the problem is certainly logical, and I would have thought of the same answer on my first guess, but if they thought harder about their law, they would have found out that people are gonna want male childs to carry on their family name and support their family. It is just Chinese tradition. And now the social issues that came as an effect of that are that the ratio of males to females is shockingly and significantly unbalanced. It is so uneven that, in fact, most males won't find a female. This causes aggression among men as well as an increase in rapings, forced prostitution, kidnappings, sexual harassment, and other crimes. It literally causes the population to become like a fight between hobos for a 15 oz steak and loaded mashed potatoes.
afro

This is true. Most people dont think about the crimes that can come about from the shortage of women. And I love your steak analagy Smile

londylou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  londylou on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:26 pm

earthycolors wrote:
smiley11 wrote:2. What do you think about China's population solution? What social issues have arisen/will arise in future years as a result of China's population solution? What can China's government do to help solve these social problems?

I don't really like China's population solution. That's just down right wrong! The issue that will arise in the future years is that there will not be enough females for the males to marry because the parents have to get rid of them in order to have a son. Also, American families are adopting the little girls. China can let the families have at least two children a boy and a girl to try and balance the population between males and females

Although I don't like China's population solution either, it's not the government's fault that the parents are abandoning little girls or killing them. That's based off of China's 4000 year tradition. And letting China's parents have at least 2 children will never solve the issue. It might, in fact, worsen it. With a higher limit on children count, parents will end up having 3 kids sometimes instead of just 2. Limiting families to only one child might not be morally right, but it seems to be the fastest way to stop China from being too over populated. A country the size of China holding more than a sixth of the world's population is never a good thing. On top of that, the population is increasing faster than ever; it can more than double in 20 years or less. If nothing gets done fast to stop China's rapid population growth, We could be looking at the first country to collapse under the weight of it's people. There won't be enough houses to shelter everybody, not enough food to feed everybody, not enough money to go around, and more. silent

Okay I see what you're saying, but if this is the case, then how can this issue ever be solved?
afro

londylou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  earthycolors on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:43 pm

londylou wrote:
earthycolors wrote:

Okay I see what you're saying, but if this is the case, then how can this issue ever be solved?
afro

Putting a extremely hefty fine of improsonment time on anybody caught abandoning a child. Also have a yearly cash reward for having a girl and keeping it, as well as small yearly fee for having a boy and keeping it.

earthycolors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Communistkid on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:47 pm

whatitdochickado wrote:
Communistkid wrote:1. What do you think about China's population solution? Do you think it is ethical for a government to mandate how many children a person can have and punish them for not following those guidelines? Why or why not?

The solution is actually quite logical. The problem arises from culture rather than the actual law. the government isn't there to be ethical, it is there to make tough decisions that the common man can not. They needed to limit population growth, what else were they to do? Neuter poor people? (I'm okay with them doing it to the unintelligent). The fines are the most correct way because even though government isn't supposed to be ethical killing a baby is not on there list of things that please the people.

you have a good point, but why should people have to pay for their OWN child?

Because China is over populated and one way or another they have to bring it down. What would you have done?

Communistkid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:46 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top