5th Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 5th Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  Communistkid on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:00 am

2. 40% of all science teachers believe in the paranormal. Does this statistic surprise you? Is this inconsistent with their field of study? Support your stance of why science can/cannot interwine to explain the paranormal.

No it doesn't, and that's a bad thing, but only 39% of Americans believe in evolution (apparently 61% of Americans are also incapable of rational thought, but hey we need a lower class too). It is completely inconsistent with their field of study because it is illogical despite the BS they call evidence (WOW IT GOT COLD MUST BE GRANDPA! no idiot, there's a draft.) Science can prove the paranormal as normal, smart scientists just have better things to do.

Communistkid

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5th Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  Communistkid on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:10 am

20north_star12 wrote:1. Compare your belief in the paranormal (ghosts, ESP, UFO's) before and after visiting this website. What, if anything changed? Why? How did science play a role in your current stance on paranormal activity?


This website has in no way affected my belief in the paranormal. I have had far too many unexplainable events happen to me and my family. I personally believe that the best way to believe in something is through experience. Nothing can falter this. Science has always been an after thought to any experience I've had. I tried to recreate the events that would happen like toys randomly turning on. This started right after the birth of my youngest sister; the one after my mom's previous still-born. It was so strange. I thought maybe the toys were motion activated, but through many trials, I found they weren't. The toy that would repeatedly turn on was on that only did so by a switch. I would make sure it was off and it wouldn't affect it. It would still carry on as if it were being played with. I tried to use other scientific methods like seeing if there was a shortage, but there were other toys that would do it, too! As for UFOs, I believe that they exist because I believe there are other life forms in our universe.


Paranoia does strange things to people but, please tell me why a ghost would waste his time by turning your toys on? Try removing the batteries if it turns on then you might have something. UFO's are kind of a touchy subject while it is illogical to believe that every shiny object in the sky is a freaking space ship at some point and time it is completely possible that other organic life from other planets could create the means by which to travel in space.

Communistkid

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5th Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  Communistkid on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:13 am

Love_Muffins wrote:
LittleMissSophie wrote:1. Compare your belief in the paranormal (ghosts, ESP, UFO's) before and after visiting this website. What, if anything changed? Why? How did science play a role in your current stance on paranormal activity?



I still believe in ghost nothing has changed. I have always believed in things like that. I like the idea of ghost . They are real to me. When i was five yrs. old i saw a man with a yellow t-shirt and blue-jean bibs on looking at me from our hallway. I was so scared I acted like i did not see him.I told my grandma about it what I had seen. She told me about the mother and son that lived there before us. He was looking for his mother that he did not know passed away while he was gone. That is the first reason i believe. Never heard of the man until my granny said something. Kinda creepy to see when your five. With age the seeing of or just knowing that my dad (passed away) is right next to me is comforting. I wake up at 3:30-4:00am for some reason now i know the reason is because that is the time he actually died. UFO's i do not believe that subject i never cared about. Science has not changed my beliefs. I enjoyed this subject Exclamation

Wow... Like yea. i kind of believe them, but unlike you i don't want to. Im a paranoid person and things like that make me even more crazy. that's why i couldn't use meth because who knows what would happen if i had no control over my body. lol but still i try to ignore the thing people say because it just makes me even more insane.

Wait... that's the only reason that is stopping you from using meth...?

Communistkid

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5th Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  Communistkid on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:18 am

MiszCheesekake41 wrote:
Love_Muffins wrote:1. Compare your belief in the paranormal (ghosts, ESP, UFO's) before and after visiting this website. What, if anything changed? Why? How did science play a role in your current stance on paranormal activity?


Before i visited these sites i kind of believed in ghost but not to much. After i visited i believe in them a little least. I now think that there's a reasonable cause of everything that happen. There's no proof of ghost. It plays a role because it disproof any thing i believed in before...

You're right that most things have an explaination , But not eveything. there migh not be any proof that ghosts exist but theres not anything proving that they don't exist either. cat

And there's an invisible unicorn in my backyard that only i can see and hear. Disprove it. OH WAIT YOU CAN'T. Your argument is the same used be many who believe in god, and just like in there situation, its a dumb one. I can't say there's no proof but there's no disproof because the lack of proof in the first place is disproof enough (None of you understand what i just said, neither do I).

Communistkid

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

yea...not so much

Post  GummyBearLove on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:41 pm

1. Compare your belief in the paranormal (ghosts, ESP, UFO's) before and after visiting this website. What, if anything changed? Why? How did science play a role in your current stance on paranormal activity?


Before reading this, I didnt believe in any kind of the paranormal. After seeing this, I still dont. I just feel like theres really no true evidence and its all kind of just what others believe or want others to believe. I have watched shows like Ghost Hunters but i think in order for me to believe something i have to see it with my own eyes. Anything could happen behind a camera that they arent showing and things could also be staged. Its just some things that in order to believe most people would want to see first hand. But, when i see something, or something happens to happen randomly i may reconsider

GummyBearLove

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5th Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum