3rd Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  gamerdude94 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:21 pm

tweetywizard wrote: The website really gave me a better understanding what happens to me sometimes. The cold spots were explained and now i really think that it was just my grandmother watching over me while i was at home alone. I never met her but when i feel the cold spots I don't get scared, I feel more comfortable when I am alone. I am a scary person but i believe that every little thing that happens like cold spots or UFO's are not a haunted ghost or something. I think to be able to feel and see these things you have to believe iin it. Rolling Eyes study

I agree with you that although we cant see things they can still exist. The greeks believed in atoms even though they didnt have the technology at the time to prove it. Maybe eventually we will have good enough technology to completely prove ghosts and paranormal activity

gamerdude94

Posts : 61
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  aMAIZEing94 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Flipper wrote: The 40% that do belive in paranormal activity probably have more of an open mind and like to explore the possibilies of life beyond the physical world. Their field of study, in my opinion, still has a lot of flaws and a lot of unknown data. Science cannot explain the paranomal because science has not been fully explored because technology is not advanced enough.

I agree that science cannot even be expected to fully explain paranormal activities... atleast not yet. Scientists who do believe in it are not wrong for doing so. According to the website, an open mind is needed in order to be scientific in the first place. Wink bounce

aMAIZEing94

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  aMAIZEing94 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:47 pm

Siillee-Differenter wrote:Yes this statistic suprises me alot. I never thought so many actual scientists who understand and know that nothing can support the parnomormal 100%. I think it is irrevelant to thier field off study because as the people who look into ghosts find evidence there are scientifific explanations for the.

Nothing can fully support the paranormal but nothing can fully refute it either. Science has not proven that ALL forms of paranormal activity are just illusions that people have subconsciously created for themselves. Until it can prove that this is 100% true I do not think that those 40% of scientists are completely in the wrong.

aMAIZEing94

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  Suga-Mama on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:20 pm

calientelabios234 wrote: Before viewing the websites I do not believe in the paranormal. I believe once someone dies they either go to heaven or hell, I strongly doubt that people's souls just wander the earth haunting whoever they please. Now I do believe in angels and demons but ghosts are not real to me. I do look to science for answers on certain topics but paranormal activity is not one of them, so no it as no role in my beliefs or disbeliefs. Very Happy Shocked
I'm not saying that you are wrong in any way, but the fact that nobody knows what really happens after you die means that the things in paranormal may very well prove to be true. Also, wouldn't angels and demons be considered part of the paranormal. They are both from the "spirit world", which invovles ghosts and spirits. I mean what would you call a guardian angel. So how can you say that you don't believe in ghosts if you believe in angels and demons. Demons and angels are just another way of saying ghosts, one is just good, and the other is just bad. scratch

Suga-Mama

Posts : 67
Join date : 2010-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  Suga-Mama on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:34 pm

violinist13 wrote:40% of all science teachers believe in the paranormal. Does this statistic surprise you? Is this inconsistent with their field of study? Support your stance of why science can/cannot intertwine to explain the paranormal.

This statistic does not surprise me at all. This might be inconsistent but it is the only subject that can help explain paranormal activities. On the show Ghost Hunters they use many scientific devices like the thermal seeker that seeks all heat. They also use an Infrared camera that can see things that we can not see. These devices also help scientist find heat sources for chemicals and things that we can not see with our own eyes. I really do think science can go along with paranormal things. alien
It's not just about the technology. Wouldn't you also say that the paranormal can fit into science because science is all about explaining the unexplained. "Paranormal science" is about answering the long unanswered question about if ghosts and spirits and demons really do exist. cheers Shocked

Suga-Mama

Posts : 67
Join date : 2010-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  iluvowls on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Suga-Mama wrote:There are too many things that science has yet to explain. Also, some people may have had a personal experience with a ghost or something. Also, scientists discovers something new everyday and one day maybe someone will prove that things in the paranormal do exist. I is not inconsistent in their field of study because science is all about discovery and proving the impossible to be possible.
I believe that you can always find a way to explain the so called paranormal. People are so quick to believe in the paranormal becuse they cant find a reason for why something is happening. Their isn't always the simple fishing line tied to a door knob. Their are updrafts in houses and noises that a settleing house makes. Sometimes people are just plane crazy. Like some gases can cause you to hear things or hallucinate and even if a fuse box isn't grounded correctly it will omit an elecreical charge that can cause hallucinations and you wont even know. Their are all sorts of reasons for why paranormal things happen. Some people want to believe so much they refuse to see the obvious.

iluvowls

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  violinist13 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:04 pm

timmy buck buck wrote: Paranormal activity is a load of bull. Ive never seen it or do i believe in it. I only believe in angels and demons but not ghost. Science hasnt changed my view on it nor will it ever. I will believe in paranormal activity when I see it. No matter how much you try and prove it is real with science I will never believe in it.

I don't disagree with your opinion. I just think once you have had an experience you will start to believe. An experience is when you cant explain a noise movement or any other thing that couldnt have happened when its just you there.

violinist13

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  iluvowls on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:05 pm

calientelabios234 wrote: Before viewing the websites I do not believe in the paranormal. I believe once someone dies they either go to heaven or hell, I strongly doubt that people's souls just wander the earth haunting whoever they please. Now I do believe in angels and demons but ghosts are not real to me. I do look to science for answers on certain topics but paranormal activity is not one of them, so no it as no role in my beliefs or disbeliefs. Very Happy Shocked

I totally agree with you. I have always know that there are such things as spirits. I do not think that ghosts just walk around Earth. I do believe that people either go to heaven or hell after they die and I believe that angels and demons can be present on Earth. Even though I believe angels and demons can be on Earth, I do not think its something that can be explained with science. As humans, we can not explain things like this.

iluvowls

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FLIPPER, YOU SIR, STAND CORRECTED

Post  timmy buck buck on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Flipper wrote:
timmy buck buck wrote:
Paranormal activity is a load of bull. Ive never seen it or do i believe in it. I only believe in angels and demons but not ghost. Science hasnt changed my view on it nor will it ever. I will believe in paranormal activity when I see it. No matter how much you try and prove it is real with science I will never believe in it.

Well sir I think that statement is very apathetic on your behalf. You just basically said if it walks like a duck and quack likes a duck its a COW! If science can provide proof wouldnt that mean you would see them? I will always keep an open mind because theres is always more that can be prooved right or wrong. But you have your views and I have mine. Evil or Very Mad

tsk tsk MR.FLIPPER, MR.FLIPPER you are horribly mistaken. I have an open mind but I cant believe in the paranormal cuz i havent seen it at all. Its hard to believe in something you havent seen nor experienced and the whole cow thing is off. Also you cant believe everything that is proved by science because they are always reobserving things which science so called proved and changing their conclusions. I will not take your crap, science have evidence that evolution existed but we dont give birth to monkeys nor have we been steadily evolving. Just because science may "prove" that some things are true we cant just say its fact. Humans arent perfect and neither are you, so dont sit here using human logic because you may be 100% wrong since you are not perfect you wart_necked swag_bellied toad. "I BITE MY THUMB AT THEE!"

timmy buck buck

Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-09-01
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mr.Flipper can learn alot from violinist13

Post  timmy buck buck on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:01 am

violinist13 wrote:
timmy buck buck wrote: Paranormal activity is a load of bull. Ive never seen it or do i believe in it. I only believe in angels and demons but not ghost. Science hasnt changed my view on it nor will it ever. I will believe in paranormal activity when I see it. No matter how much you try and prove it is real with science I will never believe in it.

I don't disagree with your opinion. I just think once you have had an experience you will start to believe. An experience is when you cant explain a noise movement or any other thing that couldnt have happened when its just you there.

Thank you for not being a problem starter and addressing my opinion in a professional manner unlike Mr. flippet mc jigger. I can understand what you are saying but i dont think my mind will let me believe in paranormal activity. I think its just a scam to be honest. Its just the human mind showing a little bit of insanity which is located in us all.
afro afro elephant Evil or Very Mad

timmy buck buck

Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-09-01
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH

Post  timmy buck buck on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:03 am

Yofeetstink wrote:
timmy buck buck wrote:1. Compare your belief in the paranormal (ghosts, ESP, UFO's) before and after visiting this website. What, if anything changed? Why? How did science play a role in your current stance on paranormal activity?

Paranormal activity is a load of bull. Ive never seen it or do i believe in it. I only believe in angels and demons but not ghost. Science hasnt changed my view on it nor will it ever. I will believe in paranormal activity when I see it. No matter how much you try and prove it is real with science I will never believe in it.


I agree with you before i visited this website i did not believe in paranormal activity and after i visited it i still did not believe in it. I believe in angels and demons which are not the same as ghosts. No matter what bull science says or tries to do to prove these things i still wont believe it as a ghost in some situations i believe that there may have been a demon involved but ghost no.

right on my brotha, RIGHT ON!!! Laughing afro

timmy buck buck

Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-09-01
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ghost Hunters

Post  penguin94 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:55 pm

violinist13 wrote:40% of all science teachers believe in the paranormal. Does this statistic surprise you? Is this inconsistent with their field of study? Support your stance of why science can/cannot intertwine to explain the paranormal.

This statistic does not surprise me at all. This might be inconsistent but it is the only subject that can help explain paranormal activities. On the show Ghost Hunters they use many scientific devices like the thermal seeker that seeks all heat. They also use an Infrared camera that can see things that we can not see. These devices also help scientist find heat sources for chemicals and things that we can not see with our own eyes. I really do think science can go along with paranormal things. alien
That show is kinda creepy! its cool to think that those things could actually be happening, but sometimes, it seems like they are just setting it all up.

penguin94

Posts : 67
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 22
Location : everywhere :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Paranormal & Science

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum