Discussion Board #1 - "Conspiracy Theory"

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discussion Board #1 - "Conspiracy Theory"

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:52 am

Watch the FOX video, "Conspiracy Theory." Reflect on the video and answer ONE of the following questions. In addition to your posted reflection, respond to the postings of TWO of your classmates.

1. According to the video, 20% of all Americans do not believe that we actually landed on the moon. What things about the lunar landing made people believe that we did not land on the moon (discuss 3 things)? Do you think that there is sufficient evidence to support a conspiracy?

2. Find other websites that either support or refute the claims made in this video. Provide the URL, as well as a summary of the supportive/refutive information on the site.


Initial Posting: Due Wednesday, August 24 at 11:59 pm
Response Postings: Due Friday, August 26 at 11:59 pm

Admin
Admin

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-08-15

View user profile http://hancockhonorsbio.free-forums.mobi

Back to top Go down

This video really swayed me.

Post  earthycolors on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:40 pm

3 pieces of evidence against us actually landing on the moon are: 1. there was no blast crater when the capsule landed on the moon with massive force. 2. there were no stars in the perfectly visible space sky. 3: the american flag was waving as though there was air and wind on the moon when in reality, there is not. This video really swayed me into actually believing that we never landed on the moon. There are just too many errors and flaws in the videos.

earthycolors

Posts : 76
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Possible Reasons

Post  penguin94 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:02 pm

I really doubt that only "a handful of people" knew about the hoax. There are so many people involved at the control center whenever a mission takes place. That many people definately couldnt be able to keep a secret like that and the government wouldnt be able to "kill off" or "silence" all of them so the mission couldnt have been a hoax. As for the pictures, maybe they really did take them, but they were of such bad quality that they had to remake them.
It seems to me that people didnt think that we really went to the moon because of the lack of lunar crater that the L.E.M. would have caused and the covered cross hairs, the waving flag in no atmosphere, and all of the astronaughts dying in strange ways. In the video, it mentioned the radiation layer above the earth that wouldve done damage to the human body. Maybe these deaths were caused by internal radiation effects. The lack of a lunar crater and the cross hairs could again be because the pictures were of such bad quality that they had to "doctor" them so people could recognize the pictures. The flag waving could also have been caused by the enormous energy the solar flares mentioned in the video that were present during the mission.
I believe that there may be enough information to support a conspiracy theory, but it can all be explained and NASA assures us that we did land on the moon.


Last edited by penguin94 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : needed to complete the assignment to its fullest extent)

penguin94

Posts : 67
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 22
Location : everywhere :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This video was really interesting

Post  violinist13 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Three things that show the landing is fake are; the flag moving as if there is wind on the moon surface, there was no crater that the limb should of left, and the cross hairs in the photos were be hind the objects but when you look into a camera they are on top of the objects. I talked to my dad bout this theory and he said it was all real and said that its just a theory not a fact that they didn't land on the moon. I really want to get more into this theory. I think a lot like this all the time. I am shocked there isn't a theory about us going to mars or not.

violinist13

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion Board #1 - "Conspiracy Theory"

Post  Crabs Magee on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:34 pm

EDIT: The original text I quoted has since been deleted. Therefore, I will retype my message to suit the new context of the thread, in addition to cleaning it up a bit, just to make it look better.

I see a lot of people talking about three things: the blast crater, the waving of the flag, and the lack of stars in the lunar sky. Let's discuss these in order.

1. There is no blast crater for a number of reasons. The first, is, that the L.E.M had a throttle. You know, a brake. It could exert tremendous amounts of force. It could also slow down. Obviously, you wouldn't go charging into the moon at top speed. You would come in slower and slower, relying on the natural gravity of the moon to draw you in until you finally landed.

2. The flag on the moon waved when the astronaut planted it for a simple reason: Newton's Third Law. When the astronaut touched and planted the flag in the ground, the force from the movement transfered to the flag, causing waves similar to those in water. It has nothing to do with wind.

3. Go outside at night. Take out a normal camera. Try to take a picture of the stars. Or rather, let me save you the trouble by telling you this: it won't work. You need highly specialized equipment to capture pictures of the heavens, equipment the astronauts did not bring because, well, they weren't looking for stars.

Also, our atmosphere plays a huge role in allowing us to see stars. It scatters and distorts the sun's rays, which would reach us even at night (though most likely in the invisible light spectrum.) This scattering of light allows us to see stars. The moon has no such atmosphere, and the dust on the moon reflects the suns beams. Thus, even if you DID have specialized equipment, you probably couldn't take pictures of the stars anyway, maybe not even see them.




Last edited by Admin on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Impolite)

Crabs Magee

Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Landing of the Moon a Hoax?

Post  Richiee12 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:21 am

One thing that made people believe that man landing on the moon was that when the flag was planted, the flag waved in NO atmosphere. How could a flag wave in no wind, no atmosphere, no sort of air? One man who saw the actual video of man landing on the moon saw for himself that it couldn't have been real, despite the clarity of deep space, the stars where missing in the background. Many say the chance of making it to the Moon was virtually IMPOSSIBLE. A third reason people believed that NASA didn't land on the Moon is because, in the official NASA footage there wasn't any engine noise from the space shuttle. Complete silence in the footage caused many people to believe that this act was staged to befool the onlooking Americans.
There is enough evidence to support this theory. If a video that is 43 minutes long states reasons why people believe that we didn't land on the moon there must be enough evidence. The evidence is realistic. Wind on the moon? Thats a no. No stars or signs of being in space? That's awkward, we even see stars here from Earth. A space shuttle with no sound? Someone please tell me when did we build silent space shuttles? Do we even have silent cars? I don't think so. Hmm?


Last edited by Richiee12 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Richiee12

Posts : 56
Join date : 2010-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Unbelievable!

Post  Suga-Mama on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:23 am

Before this video I thought that NASA really did land people on the moon, but now I'm starting to question if it could all have really been a hoax. The one piece of evidence that shock me the most was the fact that there were no stars in the lunar sky. How is that possible? As dark as it was in the sky, it is amazing that there was not one star to be seen. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but how could the astronauts survive such a trip trough all of the radiation and immese cold of space and the lunar surface, with only a "low tech" space suit and a thin aluminum moon lander. It just does not add up. And another thing, if there really is a flag on the moon, then why can't we see it with the telescopes we have now. If scientists can see the surface of the sun from earth and other planets, which are 10x farther away from us, then why can't we see the lunar suface in more detail. I can see the moon in my telescope. Where is the flag! And sense there is no atmosphere on the moon, why was the flag clearly "waving in the wind" on the video. The whole thing is just unbelievable!

Suga-Mama

Posts : 67
Join date : 2010-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

interesting video

Post  smiley11 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:48 pm

After watching this video, I honestly don't think that NASA landed man on the moon. First reason is when the astronauts were placing the flag in the moons surface it was blowing in like every direction and there isn't any wind or air known in space so how can it blow in non-existing wind?? Second reason is when Bill Kaysing was explaining when the lunar moduel landed that there should have been a blasting crater underneath it when it landed and there clearly isnt one in sight at all. Third reason is the pictures that the astronauts took were way to clear and crisp to be real. Jan Lundberg, who made those cameras said that there wasn't any kind of flash on the device and that the sun was the only light access, but when you looked at the pictures they showed, had the shadows for how they would look on Earth because the sun's light would have had the shadows parrallel with the objects. He was confused and baffled by how clear the pitures were. Final reason is that the astronauts shouldn't been able to get out of the Earth's atmosphere because of the radiation belts that surround the Earth. When they came back none of them had any sign of radiation rash or sickness. With these reasons and others from other investigators on the case, is why I don't believe that we never landed on the moon.

smiley11

Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Was it real?

Post  Hollywood on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:21 pm

There are 3 main reasons on why 20% of people dont believe they landed on the moon. 1: The American flag was waving although there is no wind on the moon. 2: No visable stars. 3: No blast crator.
Although these are reasonable pieces of evidence to prove that they never landed on the moon, they are questionable. When the american flag was waving, did anybody think of SOLAR WINDS? And the fact that you couldnt see any stars, in what direction was the sun to the moon at that time? Hmmm... these are the things we ponder. (well i do at least) lol!

Hollywood

Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion Board #1 - "Conspiracy Theory"

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:24 am

penguin94 wrote:I really doubt that only "a handful of people" knew about the hoax. There are so many people involved at the control center whenever a mission takes place. That many people definately couldnt be able to keep a secret like that and the government wouldnt be able to "kill off" or "silence" all of them so the mission couldnt have been a hoax. As for the pictures, maybe they really did take them, but they were of such bad quality that they had to remake them.

Penguin94 - I really like your perspective and agree that it would be very difficult to pull off such a hoax. Please review your post and make sure that you have completely answered one of the two questions I have posted.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-08-15

View user profile http://hancockhonorsbio.free-forums.mobi

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion Board #1 - "Conspiracy Theory"

Post  violinist13 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:57 pm

smiley11 wrote:After watching this video, I honestly don't think that NASA landed man on the moon. First reason is when the astronauts were placing the flag in the moons surface it was blowing in like every direction and there isn't any wind or air known in space so how can it blow in non-existing wind?? Second reason is when Bill Kaysing was explaining when the lunar moduel landed that there should have been a blasting crater underneath it when it landed and there clearly isnt one in sight at all. Third reason is the pictures that the astronauts took were way to clear and crisp to be real. Jan Lundberg, who made those cameras said that there wasn't any kind of flash on the device and that the sun was the only light access, but when you looked at the pictures they showed, had the shadows for how they would look on Earth because the sun's light would have had the shadows parrallel with the objects. He was confused and baffled by how clear the pitures were. Final reason is that the astronauts shouldn't been able to get out of the Earth's atmosphere because of the radiation belts that surround the Earth. When they came back none of them had any sign of radiation rash or sickness. With these reasons and others from other investigators on the case, is why I don't believe that we never landed on the moon.
I agree with you smiley11 its odd how such dark shadows make us dark here and not on the moon and its also weird that the strong cross hairs in the frame are behind objects.

violinist13

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

AMAZING...IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY...BUT YET SHOCKED!!!

Post  tweetywizard on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:19 pm

From watching this video i truely believe that we didn't land on the moon. What really got me was when the man stated the piece of information that talked about all of the footsteps that were already on the moon. Also when he stated that the U.S. was in the space race with russia, I believe that the U.S. would make up that we landed on the moon just so that it would seem as if we were the first to do it. And when they showed the footage of them on the moon and they sped the footage up it look like they were running. Usually when someone speeds footage up it will look funny, but in this footage it look very much normal. And yes, i believe that they had sufficent evidence to support their claim. Like the evidence about the flag. If there is no air on the moon why would the flag be waving??...You can't say that the wind was blowing, because then you would look like a fool. I'm so amazed by what i have seen on that video.
Signed,
00
flower

tweetywizard

Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-08-23
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the flag

Post  penguin94 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:32 pm

Suga-mama, a possible reason why you did not see the flag on the moon is because a crater may have hit the surface and caused the flag to displace itself and possibly float off into space. Another reason could be that it was not placed in the moon's surface nearly as secure enough and so when the L.E.M. took off, it might have caused the flag to be jostled and remove itself from the moon's surface.

penguin94

Posts : 67
Join date : 2010-08-19
Age : 22
Location : everywhere :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I Don't Know What To Believe Anymore!

Post  aMAIZEing94 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 pm

The movie gave a lot of convincing evidence to back up the consiracy theory. Some really made me question what I thought I knew about our scientific achievement of landing on the moon. One piece of evidence was that the American flag that was taken on the mission was seen waving when it is known that there is no air on the moon. Another piece of evidence is that there is a lack of engine noise. We should not be able to hear the astronauts talking over the engine, and yet, we do. The engine of the space craft is barely even heard. The last thing that made people believe that the lunar landing was a hoax were the pictures taken while on the mission. If the sun is the only light source on the moon, then we should not see very many details in photos where the objects are not facing it. I do think that the evidence is suffiecient to support a conspiracy. I just think that if people could really find the answer somebody would be able to step up and truly find out if those people who were supposedly killed for keeping quiet were actually "taken care of" or if their deaths were a coincidence.

aMAIZEing94

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion Board #1 - "Conspiracy Theory"

Post  Crabs Magee on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:59 pm

penguin94 wrote:Suga-mama, a possible reason why you did not see the flag on the moon is because a crater may have hit the surface and caused the flag to displace itself and possibly float off into space. Another reason could be that it was not placed in the moon's surface nearly as secure enough and so when the L.E.M. took off, it might have caused the flag to be jostled and remove itself from the moon's surface.

Or maybe the flag is too small to be seen with any conventional telescope that the average civilian could ever hope to possess?

Let's look at how gravity works. It doesn't matter how securely the flag was planted, even if it was knocked off of it's perch it would remain on the moon. The moon has gravity, just not as much as Earth does, but that doesn't mean things just 'float away'.

aMAIZEing94 wrote:T Another piece of evidence is that there is a lack of engine noise. We should not be able to hear the astronauts talking over the engine, and yet, we do. The engine of the space craft is barely even heard.

Sound requires a medium to travel through. We don't hear any engine noise because there is no air in space, thus no medium for sound to travel through. If you were to listen inside the cockpit, you would definitely hear an audible roar as the engines were on.

The astronauts talked through radio transmissions mainly, I believe, which were recorded. That is how you can hear them. Most footage that is used today probably just uses the recordings of the transmissions over videos of the lunar landing.


Last edited by Admin on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rude)

Crabs Magee

Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Landing On The Moon Real Or Greatest Hoax Ever Made.

Post  PaulyD on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:07 pm

They are facts to support the conspiracy theory that we never landed on the moon and that it was nothing more than the most expensive hoax ever pulled off. But NASA left out a few mistakes that they have failed to answer too. 1) The astronauts being able to survive the radiation belt and no suffer any ill effects to the massive radiation which i find rather funny when their shuttle and spacesuits couldn't provided enough protection to even handle the soul sucking coldness of moon. 2) The flag blowing the breaze but oh wait how can there be a breaze when there is no air on the moon? The answer is there is NO AIR in space and on the moon so i dont see how NASA expects the people of the world to think that there was a breaze in space when there is no air whatsoever. 3) The complete lack of stars in the backgroud and pictures. I dont get how we can see stars from Earth but on the moon we cant see any at all.
Yes i think that there is sufficient evidence to support a conspiracy becaue there are too many flaws and mistakes to make me think that we landed on the moon.

PaulyD

Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Discussion Board #1 - "Conspiracy Theory"

Post  PaulyD on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:14 pm

penguin94 wrote: The flag waving could also have been caused by the enormous energy the solar flares mentioned in the video that were present during the mission.
I believe that there may be enough information to support a conspiracy theory, but it can all be explained and NASA assures us that we did land on the moon.

I can see your point but even if the flag was waving due to the enormous energy the solar flare how could the astronants survive the highest recored solar flare of the 20th century without any ill effects whatsoever?

PaulyD

Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion Board #1 - "Conspiracy Theory"

Post  PaulyD on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:21 pm

Richiee12 wrote: One thing that made people believe that man landing on the moon was that when the flag was planted, the flag waved in NO atmosphere. How could a flag wave in no wind, no atmosphere, no sort of air? One man who saw the actual video of man landing on the moon saw for himself that it couldn't have been real, despite the clarity of deep space, the stars where missing in the background. Many say the chance of making it to the Moon was virtually IMPOSSIBLE. A third reason people believed that NASA didn't land on the Moon is because, in the official NASA footage there wasn't any engine noise from the space shuttle. Complete silence in the footage caused many people to believe that this act was staged to befool the onlooking Americans.

I completly agree with your statement and i find it quite funny that people think we did land on the moon when we have all these CONTRETE facts that say we didnt land on the moon.

PaulyD

Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Conspiracy That Changed My Thoughts.

Post  Siillee-Differenter on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:08 pm

-The video pointed out more than a couple things that makes people think we did not land on the moon. One that really stuck out and made me wonder even more, was the lighting of the images. Like mentioned in the video a lot of bright light was shown throughout every angle of all the pictures. From where the sun was located the shadows did not match up with how the atronauts were positioned. Another reason 20% of all Americans do not believe we landed on the moon would be because when viewing the evidence stars were not present. How could you be in space with no stars in sight? If stars are visible from earth, shoudn't they be even more visible in outerspace being much closer? A 3rd thing could be because of the way the government guards Area 51 so heavily. There has to be a major reason for protecting a huge land full of dirt and rocks. Similar craters were spotted on rocks in this area that where in some of the pictures of men on the moon. I do think by watching this video there is enough sufficient evidence to support a conspiracy.

Siillee-Differenter

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Barely Believe

Post  Flipper on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:24 pm

I have always been interested in astronomy and the wonders of the stars. I would like to believe that we really landed on the moon but it is really hard after I watched this video. I no longer have a reason to believe we landed on the moon as to there is no evidence. However, there is tons and tons of evidence supporting the theory that the lunar landing was a hoax. For example, it really threw me when the reporter pointed out that the American flag was moving on the moon as if there was wind on the moon, the astronaughts survived passing through the Vanalan belt radiation belt, and I also found it interesting how none of the astronaughts were willing to swear on the bible that they went to the moon. If you went to the moon then why refuse? But after watching the entire video: "Lunar Filming" and interviews, I think that nothing adds up. I feel that the excitement of landing on the moon blinded the american citizen from seeing the truth.

Flipper

Posts : 42
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

back and forth

Post  RylesTuesday on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:34 pm

The Lunar landings had noticeable faults that allowed a lot of Americans to rethink the moon landing missions. First off, the most known one is that the flag waved as if there was a breeze in the moon's atmosphere when there is no air on the moon. Second, people say that there is no moisture on the moons surface to make clear enough foot prints as in the photographs from the mission. Also that the foot prints around the Lem would have blown away with the blast off coming back from the moon. The third piece of evidence for the conspiracy would be the shadows from the pictures of the lunar mission. There is supposed to be only one source of light on the moon, which is the sun. So for some of the shadows to not be facing parallel to each other would mean there was another light source for the photography of the mission, leading into people believing that it was faked on a controlled set back on earth.

I don't quite know which side to take just yet. I looked up refutes of the conspiracy and found episodes on Myth-busters of the waving flag and the moisture foot print proving those conspiracy evidences to be wrong. I also have seen an episode of a science comedy show called The Big Bang Theory in which the characters shoot a laser beam to the moon receiving signals back on the computer proving there is man-put reflectors on the moon from the Apollo 15 mission. I also looked this up to see if you could actually do this and there was another Myth-busters episode with them doing the exact same thing. So concluding my mixed opinion, I guess I am saying that yes there is evidence supporting we did NOT land on the moon but there are also evidences from the conspiracy that are proved wrong.

Foot Print proved wrong - Mythbusters video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5taIxlNA_Lw&feature=related

Laser Shooting - Mythbusters video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmVxSFnjYCA

Waving Flag proved wrong - Mythbusters video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMBCfuKs9i8&feature=related

Part of The Big Bang Theory episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRmWkSbEMp4

I hope this was A material Very Happy

RylesTuesday

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Can you really trust any media?

Post  whippersnappkid on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:13 am

As I watched this video, all of the interesting facts had me changing my mind right away. Such as the flag moving in the wind, but that would be impossible because there is no atmosphere on the moon, meaning no wind. Also there must be moisture in the lunar dust to hold such a clear print of a lunar boot. Lastly how could they take such perfectly framed pictures with no lens or view of what the camera was catching. I watched the video with a friend, within 10 minutes I was telling them my mind was changed about landing on the moon.

After watching the video we both though "this is only one side to the story". So we searched episodes of myth-busters. I found they had proven 2 of the three facts accurate. First, The flag would actually move more with no wind, then if there were, because there is no wind resistance. Second, Since there is no moisture on the moon, the lunar dust is very sharp and ridged helping it to form and hold a shape, like the lunar boot, where as on earth there is moisture which corrodes the dirt and dust to where it all crumbles apart when compacted. The fact about the cameras, I came up with an answer of my own. The astronauts probably took a billion pictures and only picked the good ones out, just like people do on social networking sites when they try to take there own pictures. Another thought, if all of this is fake, how wouldn't the people taking the pictures and filming realize they made this many mistakes?

Yet the Myth-busters still haven't brought me to believe in the Lunar Landing, one reason being that they did most of their testing with NASA. Since conspiracy theorists believe people were killed to keep NASA's secrets, why would they ever let a popular TV show go against them. NASA may have just as well tricked the Myth-Busters with the rest of America, with all this time they probably learned a few new tricks to keep things secret. Anyway they only busted a few, if truly any at all, of the many reasons to believe the lunar landing hadn't happened. Also, it's been around 40 years? If it was so easy to do it all that time ago, technology has only advanced, I could be wrong, but as far as I know we haven't tried again. Why wouldn't we?

In the end I have decided I don't believe we ever went to the moon. We were trying to beat Russia, I guess we're cheaters. There just are to many sensible reasons not to believe it that can't be proven against, like the very common back drops in all the recordings, there is only one sun, only one light source, all the shadows should be parallel and there should be darkness accordingly, and my favorite, all they did to add a 0 gravity effect is slow down the video fames of the astronauts running, just to name a few. Those are my thoughts on the Lunar Landing, Thanks for reading.

If you are interested in a second source I found:
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

the Myth-Busters busting the footprint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5taIxlNA_Lw

the Myth-Busters busting the waving flag:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMBCfuKs9i8&feature=related

Can anyone tell who my friend was? Laughing

whippersnappkid

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don't drop your belief to quickly

Post  whippersnappkid on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:27 am

Flipper wrote:I have always been interested in astronomy and the wonders of the stars. I would like to believe that we really landed on the moon but it is really hard after I watched this video. I no longer have a reason to believe we landed on the moon as to there is no evidence. However, there is tons and tons of evidence supporting the theory that the lunar landing was a hoax. For example, it really threw me when the reporter pointed out that the American flag was moving on the moon as if there was wind on the moon, the astronaughts survived passing through the Vanalan belt radiation belt, and I also found it interesting how none of the astronaughts were willing to swear on the bible that they went to the moon. If you went to the moon then why refuse? But after watching the entire video: "Lunar Filming" and interviews, I think that nothing adds up. I feel that the excitement of landing on the moon blinded the american citizen from seeing the truth.

I'm not sure if quoting this is the right way to respond or not, but here goes.

Flipper, don't stop believing in it so easily, the video was compiled by conspiracy theorists alone. I thought just like you did to begin with, after only learning about one side of the story. I think you should find more information from other sources, there are reasons out there to believe we did land on the moon. You might find something that will make you want to change your decision. It's hard to pick a solid side isn't it?

whippersnappkid

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion Board #1 - "Conspiracy Theory"

Post  whippersnappkid on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:44 am

Crabs Magee wrote:EDIT: The original text I quoted has since been deleted. Therefore, I will retype my message to suit the new context of the thread, in addition to cleaning it up a bit, just to make it look better.

I see a lot of people talking about three things: the blast crater, the waving of the flag, and the lack of stars in the lunar sky. Let's discuss these in order.

1. There is no blast crater for a number of reasons. The first, is, that the L.E.M had a throttle. You know, a brake. It could exert tremendous amounts of force. It could also slow down. Obviously, you wouldn't go charging into the moon at top speed. You would come in slower and slower, relying on the natural gravity of the moon to draw you in until you finally landed.

2. The flag on the moon waved when the astronaut planted it for a simple reason: Newton's Third Law. When the astronaut touched and planted the flag in the ground, the force from the movement transfered to the flag, causing waves similar to those in water. It has nothing to do with wind.

3. Go outside at night. Take out a normal camera. Try to take a picture of the stars. Or rather, let me save you the trouble by telling you this: it won't work. You need highly specialized equipment to capture pictures of the heavens, equipment the astronauts did not bring because, well, they weren't looking for stars.

Also, our atmosphere plays a huge role in allowing us to see stars. It scatters and distorts the sun's rays, which would reach us even at night (though most likely in the invisible light spectrum.) This scattering of light allows us to see stars. The moon has no such atmosphere, and the dust on the moon reflects the suns beams. Thus, even if you DID have specialized equipment, you probably couldn't take pictures of the stars anyway, maybe not even see them.


I'm glad you did some research, it seems like you went pretty in depth with it. I really liked the explanation you found for no stars being sighted in any pictures, that was a new one for me to read about. Do you have any ideas about the additional sources of light? Also why we are able to see shadowed objects perfectly?

whippersnappkid

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion Board #1 - "Conspiracy Theory"

Post  krazedxasylum on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:07 am

After seeing this video, it seems that landing on the moon did not actually happen. As pointed out, when the flag was put in the moons surface, the flag began to sway. What was their to cause this action, the is no atmosphere in space. This confuses me. I dont think we landed on the moon for this reason. Also, the only possible solution i believe to my answer is that possibl the energy from spacecraft could have cause it, but that does not all sem to feisable to me. The force from the rockets i dont think could do that t the flag that much. Another reason i dont think we landed on the moon was because of thinking of information outside the video. If you think about it since the moon landing, we have not been successfully sending space crafts into space like we wanted to. We are a lot more advanced now and their should nt be as many failures a their have been since the landing to get to space. Finally i dont believe we landed on the moon because the footage shows no stars. In the Milky Way Galaxy, we have over 100 billion stars. If this is the case, when filming the landing, the skyline should not have been completely black. This makes no since to me. For the rasons stated above, i dont believe we landed on the moon.


Last edited by krazedxasylum on Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

krazedxasylum

Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion Board #1 - "Conspiracy Theory"

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum