3rd Hour Discussion Board - Cell Phones

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Cell Phones

Post  calientelabios234 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:23 pm

aMAIZEing94 wrote: Ferrite beads are hollow cylinders made of ferrite and reduce the radio-frequency interference) created by cables. Ferrite beads can be used for hands-free conversations on cell phones as well. I do believe this solution will work because if it did not, then there would not be so many ferrite beads on other electronic devices like computers.
I do agree that the Ferrite beads are a help to the problem...I do not believe its going to solve the problem of radiation. The Ferrite beads could be just another gimmick.
calientelabios234

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crabs Magee on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Admin wrote:Watch The Invisible Dangers of Cell Phone Radiation. Visit Reduce Your Brain's Exposure to Cell Phone Radiation & read Cell Phone Hang-Ups. All three sources are located on the My Favorites link on Ms. Hancock's website located at http://hstrial-ahancock2.homestead.com/Favorites.html . Reflect on the video, website, & article and answer ONE of the following questions. In addition to your posted reflection, respond to the postings of TWO of your classmates.

1. After reading and viewing all of this information on the dangers of cell phone usage, how will your cell phone habits change (if at all)? Explain your reasoning.

2. Explain why your brain is more at-risk than Ms. Hancock's when it comes to the health dangers of cell phone radiation. What do the author's of the website suggeast is the solution to reducing your brain's exposure to cell phone radiation? Do you think this will work? Why or why not?

Initial Posting: Due Wednesday, September 29 at 11:59 pm
Response Postings: Due Friday, October 1 at 11:59 pm

1. My cell phone habits are not extensive. Therefore, they will not change.

However, even if my cell phone habits were excessive, I still wouldn't cut down on them, for I simply wouldn't care.

2. Our brains are more at risk of receiving damage from cell phone radiation because they are still developing.

This is, of course, assuming that EMF radiation is actually harmful.
Crabs Magee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  violinist13 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Hollywood wrote: I am going to start to use my house phone more often. This video really made me think twice about my cell phone.
Your home phone also gives off EM-F's or electromagnetic fields. So your not really breaking your phone habit.
violinist13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  violinist13 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:02 pm

krazedxasylum wrote:After reading and viewing all of this information on the dangers of cell phone usage, my cell phone habits will slightly change. Honestly, i don't think my cell phone use will change much at all. This is because i have had a cell phone since i was nine years old and have not had many problems with my body. Also, i am not to much on my phone so the impact from the radiation wont impact me as much as some who are on the phone 24/7 are.
I agree with you i probably will not break my habit either and it has not affected my body yet
violinist13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aMAIZEing94 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:20 pm

Flipper wrote: I dont talk on my cell phone very often, I just use it to text. But when I do talk on it, i will try to use speakerphone more often because the radiation entering my brain is very unhealthy.

I mostly use my phone to text as well, but (more than I would like to) I still talk on it. My speakerphone does not get used too often. I can not hear as well when I use it. Even so, I will try to use it more when I am by myself because now I know the health risk of keeping the phone close to my head.

aMAIZEing94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aMAIZEing94 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:25 pm

RylesTuesday wrote:After viewing and reading all of that information. I have decided that it will not impact my cellphone usage. It won't because not just cell phones expose us to harmful radiation. As the video said, it's not just cell phones, its's microwaves, television, wireless house phones, laptops and other things. If all of these things can do harm to you, why use them? I think. that people that get scared over this really shouldn't be. Why live your life in fear of the great technology of our time? That's why I say this information didn't really affect me. I still will continue to use my cellphone when I want. I believe there could be a risk but I'm not worried about it.

I dont think this information is saying that you have to be afraid of technology. It is just explaining the risks of using it. Instead of not using the technology all together (... or not changing your habits at all) people can slightly alter their habits and still benefit themselves without making dramatic changes.

aMAIZEing94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  penguin94 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

aMAIZEing94 wrote:
RylesTuesday wrote:After viewing and reading all of that information. I have decided that it will not impact my cellphone usage. It won't because not just cell phones expose us to harmful radiation. As the video said, it's not just cell phones, its's microwaves, television, wireless house phones, laptops and other things. If all of these things can do harm to you, why use them? I think. that people that get scared over this really shouldn't be. Why live your life in fear of the great technology of our time? That's why I say this information didn't really affect me. I still will continue to use my cellphone when I want. I believe there could be a risk but I'm not worried about it.

I dont think this information is saying that you have to be afraid of technology. It is just explaining the risks of using it. Instead of not using the technology all together (... or not changing your habits at all) people can slightly alter their habits and still benefit themselves without making dramatic changes.

there is another alternative, but it most likely will not take effect right away. we could develop technology that creates fewer/no radioactive waves. this most likely will not cause all fears to be eased-there will always be some ridiculous fact that will cause people to fret. we cannot eliminate all possibly harmful factors.
penguin94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iluvowls on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:32 pm

Flipper wrote:After reading and watching the different sources of cell phone danger I have come to realize that nothing in the world is safe. Technology progress and eventually humans will adapt. I dont talk on my cell phone very often, I just use it to text. But when I do talk on it, i will try to use speakerphone more often because the radiation entering my brain is very unhealthy. Especially because of my age. It is said that radiation can penatrate the brain up to an inch. It is also said to alter brain tissue although there is not any stone cold evidence to prove it. But from what I have read and watched, I think it is safer to just monitor your cell phone usage and how close it is to your ear. But biology proves that humans learn to adapt and fix whatever problems we bring among ourselves. Im sure that in the near future (50 years) we will not have these problems and concerns.... we will probably have new ones. >:/

I agree that almost everything is dangerous in the world. Evrything gives off radiation but some things give off more. I don't know if I agree that this won't be a problem in 50 years because we will all be exposed to more radiation and I don't think our bodies will just become immune to it.

iluvowls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iluvowls on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:45 pm

Suga-Mama wrote:After reading and viewing all of the information about cell phone danger, I still don't think that my cell phone use will change. Technology, is already more popular and more advanced now than it have ever been before. It has intergrated into everything in our everyday lives. Technology would be close to impossible to get away from, cell phones in particular.Teenagers and children text all the time at home and in school. It would be impossible now to break people of this habit, even with the dangers. The same goes for computers. "Heaven forbid!" that teenagers give up facebook or stop using their ipods. It just wouldn't be right. So, while teens and tweens may be at a higher risk of cell phone and electronic radiation than Ms. Hancock, I really don't think that it's going to change anything. Also,I have been using cell phones since I was little and I ain't dead yet, so I think I can manage, despite the danger. Rolling Eyes

I totally agree with you. I really don't think anyone is going to change their habits but I do t think it's really necessary for them to anyway. People die of odd causes all the time and I believe some people are probably for vulnerable to getting cancer from radiation than others. Obviously not many people are dying from it so it's not too big of a problem. There are definitely more dangerous things in the world that we do everyday that can kill us much easier than the radiatin from our cell phones.

iluvowls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  timmy buck buck on Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:02 pm

tw33tybirdn3rd wrote:1. After reading and viewing all of this information on the dangers of cell phone usage, how will your cell phone habits change (if at all)? Explain your reasoning.

After reading over that and watching that video i can honestly say that my cell phone use will change a little but not dramatically. My phone comes in handy for a lot of things but if there is a chance that my body could be getting harm i would have to chill on the usage of it. Yes, i love my phone but i cherish my body much more and i will do anything it take to save myself from harm. I don't think i am the only one who should slow down on our technology there is harm in them. will try so hard but I doubt it would stop what i do or other people do.

Well your posting on how you will change your habits makes sense, since in this day and age most people have an addiction to cell phone use. It takes time to change your habits and wont happen over night. I think you have a good understanding of the situation and just because cell phones may be a risk doesn't mean give up on them. Since we started using technology we have found many risk and problems with every single invention but we work through them and keep on living learning ways to cope with their errors and finding logical solutions. This is just the natural behavior of humans.
timmy buck buck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Suga-Mama on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:57 pm

NorthStar wrote:After reading and viewing all of this information on the dangers of cell phone usage, how will your cell phone habits change (if at all)? Explain your reasoning.

I think that after looking at the video I feel that my cell phone usage will not change much if any at all, because most of the time when I'm using my phone I my not call anybody I'm texting so my radiation exposure will probably not be much if any at all. Also, when I even call someone its very brief may be 3 mins. So I think that my exposure to radiation is very little so I don't think I really need to worry about it. Besides your doing to die from something eventually so just live life don't be let life live you.
You make a lot of sense, and you are right. There are so many other issues in the world right now that are a lot more important than cell phone radiation. If anything, people should be more worried about skin cancer from the thinning ozone layer, or the effects global warming will have on them. Smile
Suga-Mama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yofeetstink on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:01 pm

violinist13 wrote:After reading and viewing all of this information on the dangers of cell phone usage, how will your cell phone habits change (if at all)? Explain your reasoning.

My cell phone habits will probably not change even if I tried to. I think it wont change because some how all of us American's that have cell phones are addicted to them. Even if we try to stop using them so much. It still wont cut down the factor of people dieing from electromagnet frequencies. Cell phones are not the only thing hurting our brains. geek

I see where you coming from but since i just got a cell phone this year im not really addicted and i already dont respond to a lot of texts i get just out of the lazyness of not feeling like texting so i do not think i will ever have that addiction. I still think even if your addicted that you should not change because with the technology for cell phones increasing the electro pollution may increase as well which means some addicted folk may get health problems from that.
Yofeetstink

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Suga-Mama on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Hollywood wrote:After seeing this video I am definatly going to change my cell phone habits. I usually talk on my cell phone but after seeing this video I am going to start to use my house phone more often. This video really made me think twice about my cell phone.
Its not just cell phones though. The video said that all technology gives off some type of radiation. Cell phones are just a big contributor to the overall radiation we recieve. You can still be exposed to radiation on your house phone or even on the computer you're on right now! affraid
Suga-Mama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yofeetstink on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Siillee-Differenter wrote:-After reading and viewing the dangers of cell phones, I think that I might change my habits a little bit. I can't say that I never knew about any of the dangers of cell phones, but I never knew the risks where so high. The radiation that travels from the cell phones we use everyday causes brain tumors and genetic damage. The last thing I would want to affect my health is a simple cell phone. Me being a teen and knowing that I am at a much greater use of brain damage than adults because teen's skulls are thinner, makes me really want to change my cell phone habits. I don't think that would be to hard because I am a huge texter. The most I talk on the phone a day is about a hour or two. When watching the video and reading I was thinking that to decrease my risks I could just use an earpiece, but it shocked me when they said headsets "TRIPLE your brain's exposure to radiation". That only left me with to different ideas: talk on the speaker or just TEXT MORE. I love you (l0l) Either way this information encourages me to change my cell phone habits.

I agree with you i also did not know that the risks would be so high. I can understand why you thought that the earpiece would help and i was also shocked that it was triple the exposure i had a feeling it was worse but i didnt think it was to that magnitude.
Yofeetstink

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Siillee-Differenter on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:27 pm

violinist13 wrote:After reading and viewing all of this information on the dangers of cell phone usage, how will your cell phone habits change (if at all)? Explain your reasoning.

My cell phone habits will probably not change even if I tried to. I think it wont change because some how all of us American's that have cell phones are addicted to them. Even if we try to stop using them so much. It still wont cut down the factor of people dieing from electromagnet frequencies. Cell phones are not the only thing hurting our brains. geek

-You are right about us no being able to the usage of our cell phones. A great reason like you said is because of addiction, the high demand of them, and "need". Its not like really have any elternatives to choose from to help this issue besides not talking on the phone, which I think won't happen anytime soon.

Siillee-Differenter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

At Least Think About it...

Post  Siillee-Differenter on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Richiee12 wrote:It's something about today's world that causes us to find a NEED for technology. Technology is leading us to tomorrow. I don't think anything will ever cause me to change my cell phone habits unless someone actually forces me to stop or something drastic occurs, causing me to worry.

True, technology today is just about at its highest peek in demand. We tend to not think about how harmful these things could be, such as cell phones. You are so right, technology is leading us to tomorrow both as we can see in a postive and negative way. I aslo understand that 9.8/10 you won`t change your cell phones habits, but did you even think about it because you sound like your mind is set and you're not accepting anything else? Question (Just asking...

Siillee-Differenter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top