5th Hour Discussion Board - Bottled Water Controversy

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Youre cool lol

Post  FounderofGFFandBabycat on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:15 am

LittleMissSophie wrote: The movie we watched in class made me feel so awful. Like i just killed a person with my bare hands. The lack of water there made me start cutting back on water at home and work.

Oh my I am completely proud of you because you have been so impacted by the worlds environment. Wow it is amazing how someone could be willing to change and notice their effect just by being notified about what is going on. You give me hope on everyone becoming more conscious about the environment and being able to change my own old habits.
FounderofGFFandBabycat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

hey yo like whats up

Post  FounderofGFFandBabycat on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:18 am

Communistkid wrote:
There are a number of risks that come with drinking out of plastic bottles. One would be the huge amount of pollution and waste caused by the making and subsequent mishandling of the bottles after use. Some safe and easy alternatives are simply using tap water or, if you don't like the taste buy a filter. If you do have to use a bottled water make sure to recycle it so at the very least we won't have to produce more plastic just to replace the one you threw into a garbage pit for the rest of the foreseeable future.

You make it sound so easy which it is. So many people think heck forget saving the planet its too time consuming. Thanks for being the logical kid.
FounderofGFFandBabycat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5th Hour Discussion Board - Bottled Water Controversy

Post  GummyBearLove on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:33 am

earthycolors wrote:Discuss the risks involved with drinking out of plastic bottles. What are some alternatives to putting ourselves and our environment at risk with bottled water?

Answer:
There are many risks involved with drinking bottled water. For one, 2 out of 10 plastic water bottles are recycled, so what happens to the other 8? They get sent to landfills and sit there fer centuries until they breakdown into smaller and smaller bits that get eaten up by birds and fish, who think that it is food, the same fish we catch and eat later on. We are ultimately hurting ourselves but people just don't wanna do anything about it.

Coming across this i was very surprised that you put this in with our last discussion board topic.Good for you!! I was glad to look through and actually see a part of something we have done before actually being discussed.But you hit it right on the nose though. Everything we do has some kind of connection with the next thing. Ultimately all of our decisions in the long run will affect us. Very Happy

GummyBearLove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GummyBearLove on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:45 am

LittleMissSophie wrote: The movie we watched in class made me feel so awful. Like i just killed a person with my bare hands. The lack of water there made me start cutting back on water at home and work.

OH MY!! I was thinking the exact same thing. I know im a bit soft..BUT..call me a softy if you want..the movie almost made me cry. Cuz its kinda like, we as Americans take things for granted like a simple cup of water that we get out of the faucet. And when we don't want it anymore, we simply throw it back in the sink. Those kids, younger than you and I, have to walk so very far, through conditions unheard of to get this resource that we waste so much of. I bet if we were to switch positions with those children, we would give up. It was absolutely ridiculous to see such things all for a resource that we take for granted. After watching this, I took more shorter showers, I turned the water off when i brushed my teeth, and i drank all the water i put into a cup. Basically im trying to stop being so wasteful with something that people in other countries would be happy to have.

GummyBearLove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  londylou on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:51 am

MiszCheesekake41 wrote: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven I 've always thought spring water came from some far away spring in some mountains or something. I admit I do drink bottled water but I don't obsess over the brand. I just prefer to drink bottled water because I don't like the taste of tap water and and bottled is more conveneint. I did learn that a water purifier might help with the taste issue, so maybe instead of going out buying bottled water we can get one. One thing we do in my house is reuse our bottles. I can't change what others think about bottled water but it would be helpful to try some alternatives. Maybe reusing bottles and filling them with purified tap water. tongue

lol when I was a kid I used to think that bottled water actually came from far away too. Its ashame how they false advertise. And its good that you are willing to help out the enviornment by using a water purifier instead of just buying more water bottles.

londylou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FounderofGFFandBabycat on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:08 am

snookieluvs2tan wrote:
I really hate the taste of Aquafina! I honestly don't think that bottled water tastes any better...to tell you the truth, it kinda tastes like the stuff you're supposed to lick on envelopes. i don't really like that taste. It's all about that faucet water. That's how it was before we got refrigerators with water systems in them.

i was just saying there is no big difference between the two not that i prefer one like its the bomb but nice response
FounderofGFFandBabycat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top